OUNONA Silicone Ice Mold with Lid Ice Tray 37 Small Ice Cubes Frozen Making Tool for Kitchen (Purple
Availability: In stock
Many advantages: Tasteless, non-toxic, resistance to dust, durable, impermeable.
Top quality and superior material make sure it is safe and healthy, and also available for heating.
High tenacity, not easy to deform.
Easy to use and clean.
- Product Description
- Additional Information
This is item is a honeycomb shape ice lattice mold with a cover and every lattice is a hexagon. It is made of food-grade silicone. With 37 lattices, it can make many ice cubes every time. Besides, it can be used to not only ice, but many other things, such as cakes, chocolates, jellies and much more. It must be an excellent kitchen tool in summer.
- Color: Purple.
- Material: Food-grade Silicone .
- Size: 20.5 * 12 * 2.5cm/ 8.1 * 4.7 * 0.98 inch (L*W*H).
- Many advantages: Tasteless, non-toxic, resistance to dust, durable, impermeable.
- Top quality and superior material make sure it is safe and healthy, and also available for heating.
- High tenacity, not easy to deform.
- Easy to use and clean.
1 * DIY Honeycomb Silicone Ice Lattice Mold with Cover Ice Cube Frozen Making Tool for Kitchen (Purple)
- What is the volume (fluid ounces) of each hexagon?
I melted one hex ice cube to see, and it's a little less than 2 tsp. Also I did the math. A hexagonal prism with base length of 1.2 cm and height of 2.5 cm gives us about 9 cm^3, which is 1.8 tsp. Nerd mic drop and out.
- Does the lid stay on?
The lid stays on pretty well but the product is very flimsy (thin walled) and poorly made. Several of the walls were broken when we got it.
- Is there any tips on getting the cubes out of the tray? I twist, slam down, run under water....works only if I punch out one at a time. Tedious
I use the Walmart Twist & Tie gallon size baggies to put the tray into, then push out the cubes that way. Also, I turn the tray upside down (with the cubes still intact) and run the backside under the tap water for just a second or two.